If you’ve ever been in a BDSM scene, you might wonder how you can make things more intense. After so much BDSM in the media and in movies, it seems that nothing is surprising to anyone anymore. With a blindfold, however, you can make sure that your partner is completely surprised by what’s going to happen next. They will only be able to guess at what might happen, which is going to cause them to be on their toes and even more attentive than they might normally be. But a blindfold is trickier than you might think, especially when you want it to be completely dark for the slave.
The Problem with Blindfolds
While blindfolds seem like the simplest tool you can use in the bedroom, they’re a lot trickier than you might think. No matter what you do with a simple blindfold, you might have troubles with blocking out all of the light. Though this doesn’t seem like huge concern, when you want to make sure that slave isn’t able to see anything that’s coming, this presents a problem. A slave that can sort of see out of a blindfold doesn’t feel nearly as helpless as they could. You want to block out all of the light that you can, making sure the slave isn’t going to have any sense of what is happening or about to happen to them.
Getting Rid of All the Light
What you need to remember about the face is that the nose is what will cause the troubles when you are putting the blindfold in place. It causes any flat material to rise up from the skin. What you need to do is to use a blindfold that can adapt to the shape of the face, staying as close to the face as possible to make sure no light can get in. Some kinds of blindfolds to use:
- Bondage tape – This tape will not stick to the eyes and it will not stick to the skin. You can wrap it around and around to get the light completely blocked from view.
- Gauze bandages – Softer and more malleable, bandages can help to prevent any light from getting in without harming the eyes of the slave.
- Layered blindfolds – Of course, using more than one blindfold at a time is the best way to make sure that no light is getting through, but it causes the slave to feel even more helpless as a result.
You might need to experiment with different blindfolds to see what will work best for your slave and for their face.
Tougher Blindfolds for Tougher Slaves
If your slave wants to feel as though there is no way they can see, there are other things you can do to make sure their sight is completely obscured:
- Use cotton balls – Before you put a blindfold on a slave, put cotton balls in the eye sockets. The slave will naturally close their eyes when you do this, and the balls will prevent them from opening them again without harming the eyes. Put another blindfold on and you’re set.
- Buy a face harness with blindfold – If you can afford it, adding a new blindfold harness will help. This is a larger piece that generally includes a gag as well as a blindfold, securing the face and keeping all light out.
- Use safe tape – If your slave is open to it, using gauze as well as medical tape to shut the eyes in a cocoon will be a great way to ensure no light can get in.
Check this out for more ways to control your slave and keep them guessing!
Copyright 2008-2012 BDSMTrainingAcademy.com. By reading and
accepting this article you agree to all of the following: You
understand that this is simply a set of opinions, personal
experience and anecdotal evidence (and not advice). You are
responsible for any use of the information in this article, and
hold BDSMTrainingAcademy.com and all members and affiliates
harmless in any claim or event.
You must be 18+ years old to read this blog